L3 Installation/ Maintenance Electrician
Working under the direction and guidance of a qualified Electrician, you will support the delivery of our Installation services within our customers homes whilst working towards an NVQ Level 3 Installation/ Maintenance Electrician in order to achieve the skills, competence and experience to become a fully operational qualified Electrician. You will be required to complete the relevant qualifications which form part of the NVQ including the production of a portfolio of work and undertake additional Health and Safety training as required.
We are looking for an electrical apprentice interested in learning to:
- Understand electrical, mechanical and architectural drawings and diagrams to determine job specifications and requirement.
- Plan and measure the layout of the wiring systems.
- Test, find and repair electrical problems.
- Install and fix electrical and electronic control systems, cables, outlets and equipment.
- Connect electrical equipment to power supplies
- To learn to carry out a range of electrical installations in new and occupied properties including:
- diagnosis of electrical faults
- testing and maintenance of electrical wiring
- equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures such as renewing consumer control unit, fuse/RCD/MCB; cookers, fans, fire alarm, sockets, switches, door chimes, external lighting, shower units, electrical heating systems, etc.
- using hand and power tools to current legislative standards, performance standards and in accordance with company procedures under the guidance of qualified trade employees, suited to the current level of training and development
- Accurately complete documentation including legislative documentation accurately and timely in line with policy and procedure.
- Work as part of a team and use materials safely.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers and managers to ensure effectiveness of services.
- Understand and comply with Health and Safety in the workplace following safety policies and procedures, helping to identify and reduce hazards.
- To attend in-housing training and college as required including participation in the apprentice review process.
- Comply with Gasway confidentiality and information security polices at all times.
To act as an ambassador for Gasway at all times.