Level 3 Plumbing and Domestic Heating (Environmental Pathway)
Working under the direction and guidance of an Internal Technical Trainer and experienced Renewables Engineer, you will support the delivery of our Renewables team annual servicing, repairs and installation services within our customers homes whilst working towards an NVQ Level 3 in Plumbing & Domestic Heating in order to achieve the skills, competence and experience to become a fully operational qualified Engineer. You will be required to complete the relevant qualifications which form part of the NVQ including the production of a portfolio of work and undertake additional Health and Safety training as required.
Main duties will include:
- Learning core plumbing systems, including the selection, planning, installation and testing of cold and hot water, central heating, above drainage and rainwater systems
- Commissioning and de-commissioning of systems
- Servicing, maintenance, fault diagnosis, and repair techniques on cold and hot water, central heating, above drainage and rainwater systems
- Learning installation and testing techniques for electrical components and control systems on plumbing and domestic heating systems
- Understanding scientific plumbing, domestic heating and mechanical principles
- Understanding principles of domestic mechanical environmental technology systems
- Principles of fossil fuels (domestic ventilation and fluing arrangements)
- Accurately complete documentation including legislative documentation accurately and timely in line with policy and procedure.
- Work as part of a team and use materials safely.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers and managers to ensure effectiveness of services.
- Understand and comply with Health and Safety in the workplace following safety policies and procedures, helping to identify and reduce hazards
- To attend in-housing training and college as required including participation in the apprentice review process.
- Comply with Gasway confidentiality and information security polices at all times.
- To act as an ambassador for Gasway at all times.