What to expect when having your new Gasway boiler fitted
Gasway is fully committed to safeguarding the health, safety and security of our customers, colleagues, our supply chain partners and the people in the communities in which we work.
We continue to follow all government guidance and are Covid-19 secure.
Please see detailed below what you can expect from a Gasway staff member when attending your home, and how you can help them maintain safety measures.
When we arrive on site, in order to protect you and our staff we will be wearing the appropriate PPE in accordance with the latest government guidance.
We would like you to adhere to social distancing in line with government guidance. We will agree a plan of work with you before starting to support maintaining a 2m distance wherever possible to include:
- Asking you and family members to isolate in a designated room
- Asking you to minimise the use of restricted areas in your property for example stairs and corridors
- Keeping doors and windows open to increase ventilation
- Restricting additional visitors to the property whilst work is being undertaken
- Agreeing the use of welfare facilities
In order to minimise contact with surfaces we will not move your personal items. We would politely request that your belongings are moved prior to the commencement of works. We will discuss with you any areas that need to be clear, typical items include:
- Kitchen items
- Bathroom products
We will l use plastic floor protectors to protect carpets and reduce
the chance of transferring bacteria from house to house, these will be removed at the end of every day. All work ares will be cleaned with disinfectant wipes at the end of each day.
In a further step to limit contact, unfortunately we will be unable to accept refreshments offered and will leave the premises for breaks.
At the end of the works we will explain any operating instructions and hand over
required paperwork using the following methods:
- Maintain a 2m social distancing gap.
- Limit any face to face contact as much as reasonably possible.
- Leave all paperwork with any new appliances.
- Will not ask you to sign any paperwork or electronic devices.
- On completion of the works we will clean the working area with disinfectant wipes.