Gasway Services are a registered installer under the MCS scheme.
What is MCS?
The Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) is a nationally recognised quality assurance scheme, supported by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, which is a requirement for a company who wish to commission renewable heating products, such as heat pumps.
MCS is also an eligibility requirement for the Government's financial incentives including the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI). This means that if you don't deal with a fully MCS accredited company to commission your heat pump then you could miss out on thousands of pounds of government incentives.
For further information about MCS visit: www.microgenerationcertification.org
Heat pumps use environmental energy to generate heating and hot water for your home.Heat pumps extract thermal energy (heat) from the air, ground or a local water source - such as a river, which is then converted by a heat pump to generate heating and hot water for your home.
What are the advantages of a heat pump system?
Incorporating heat pump technology into your home is one of the most economical, effective and at the same time, environmentally friendly ways to cover your heating and hot water needs. There are also the following benefits:
- Low running costs, which helps keep energy bills low
- Homeowners could benefit from Government incentives, such as the RHI scheme
- Removes the need for fuel to be delivered and stored at home, which is common in homes that are in off-gas areas and rely on alternative fuels, such as oil
- Heat pumps produce no emissions and are much more environmentally friendly than traditional heating systems
- They operate efficiently even in cold temperatures. Just 25% of the energy used by a heat pump is provided by electricity, with the remaining 75% being generated by the environment through the ground, water or air
- The utilisation of natural energy sources means the approach to heating and hot water production is particularly sustainable
- Emissions free
- Incredibly quiet during operation – all of our heat pumps have been awarded Quiet Mark accreditation
- Heat pumps work well with both underfloor heating and radiators with low surface temperatures
- Can be used as part of a climate controlled system within the home
- Simple and robust technology with low maintenance and a long service life