The new £2 billion Green Homes Grant scheme will fund up to two-thirds of the cost of energy saving home improvements in England
What is the Green Homes Grant scheme?
- Government funded scheme for homeowners and landlords to apply for vouchers to cover two thirds of the cost of upgrading the energy efficacy of their home.
- The homeowner or landlord could access a maximum of £5000 in vouchers for a primary energy saving measure
- Low income households receiving any one of the listed benefits can receive up to 100% funding up to maximum of £10,000.
- Green Home Grant vouchers are also available for secondary energy saving measure with the value not exceeding the amount of the primary measure.
- Please visit the Simple Energy Advice (SEA) website for more details and begin your application.
Who is eligible for the Green Home Grant voucher scheme?
Both homeowners and Landlords are eligible for the funding.
How can I apply for Green homes grants vouchers?
- Simply Visit the Simple Energy Advice (SEA)
- Complete the short survey on your home
- Call Gasway to arrange for a renewable heating consultation with one our renewable heating experts.
What primary and secondary measures are covered under the Green Homes Grant?
Primary measures include
- solid wall, under-floor, cavity wall or roof insulation
- ASHP (where the house has or is having wall and loft insulation)
- Ground source heat pump (where the house has or is having wall and loft insulation)
- Biomass pellet boilers
- solar thermal
Secondary measures include
- double or triple glazing / secondary glazing, when replacing single glazing
- upgrading to energy efficient doors
- hot water tank thermostats/heating controls
Can I still claim RHI?
- You are still eligible to claim RHI payments on your renewable heating installation, however your Green Homes Grant amount
What are the next steps?
- Head over to the Simple Energy Advice (SEA) website and complete the survey on your home.
- Check your eligibility and find home improvements suited to your home.